The Williamsport Municipal Water Authority will start flushing fire hydrants from 7:30 AM until 4 PM in the area indicated on the attached map below. The flushing may cause temporary reduced water pressure, turbid water (cloudiness), and possible slight discoloration. If you experience any of these conditions at your residence, please follow the following instructions:
1. Remove faucet aerators from all cold water taps in the home.
2. Beginning in the lowest level of the home, fully open ONLY the cold water taps and allow water to continue to run throughout the home.
3. Let the water run for approximately 5-10 minutes after the last tap was opened (top floor).
4. As the water clears up, turn off each tap starting with the taps in the top level of the home.
5. Do not open hot water faucets, or use icemaker, or filtered water dispenser until after flushing is complete.
6. If the water does not clear up when following the instructions above or you have additional questions or concerns, please contact our office during our normal business hours at (570) 323-6148.